Education Outdoors Conference 2017Outdoor Learning: A Natural Connection
Education Outdoors Conference 2017
Outdoor Learning: A Natural Connection
Outdoor learning is a form of experiential education that focuses on guided, integrated learning in outdoor natural environments. It utilizes the natural environment to impart personal and social knowledge, physical skills, and subject-specific knowledge across the full curriculum. Outdoor Learning has long been recognised for its diversity and ability to connect with many other areas. Join us to further unpack and strengthen these connections.
This year’s theme aims to highlight the benefits of children’s experience in natural environments, including health through increased physical activity; wellbeing through enhancing social and intra-personal qualities and educational attainment through developing ‘characters’ of resilience and confidence.
This year’s conference will not only showcase current Victorian “outdoor learning” programs, but will also provide national and international connections.
Research Symposium – Connecting evidence, policy and practice
We would like to invite you to an exciting event to promote productive relationships between research, policy and practice in outdoor learning. For more information click here.
Serious Fun Workshop
Professional Development Workshop
One-day training for teachers, experiential & outdoor educators, camp and youth group leaders. For more information Click here
We are pleased to announce that our 2017 state conference will be held on:
Friday May 26 – Saturday May 27, 2017
with a Pre-Conference Research Symposium on Thursday 25th May
at La Trobe University, Bendigo
Buy your ticket earlier and save. Last minute ticket purchases will cost more.
THERE WILL BE NO TICKETS AVAILABLE AFTER 22 MAY. PLEASE PURCHASE BEFORE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
This year we are offering 3 ticket levels to encourage everyone to register earlier rather than later:
- ‘Early bird’ tickets, which will automatically expire on the 14th April
- ‘Regular price‘ tickets, which will automatically expire on the 12th May
- ‘Just in time’ tickets, which will close on 22nd May
This years tickets choices are:
- 2 days: includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- 1 day (Friday or Saturday): includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Research Symposium day: includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. The research day has it’s own special ticket pricing (see below).
- The Dinner ticket: is for Friday night at the All Seasons hotel in Bendigo. Dinner is a separate option this year (there are no packages that include dinner). There are no discounts available for dinner.
- JOEE Ticket: Subscription to the Journal of Outdoor and Environmental Education (JOEE): 20(1) and 20(2). You will receive your April edition at the conference. You must choose this ticket at registration to receive your special discounted price for both 2017 issues of the Journal
- Pre-conference Serious Fun (1): Professional development workshop for 1 person. Ticket includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Pre-conference Serious Fun (2): Professional development workshop for 2 people. (Discounted price for 2). Includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
The following attendees are eligible for discounted tickets. Use the appropriate code when registering or alternatively follow the direct links below to automatically activate your discount.
- Full time students are eligible for 50% off early bird and regular tickets but NOT ‘just in time’ tickets, dinner, Serious Fun workshop or JOEE subscription. To claim your discount use CODE: FStudent2017 or follow this link to activate student discount* please note you must provide your school name and student card number.
- Presenters are eligible for 15% off all tickets except dinner & JOEE subscription. To claim your discount use CODE: Presenter2017 or follow this link to activate your presenter discount.
- Staff of affiliate schools are eligible for 15% off all tickets except dinner & JOEE subscription. To claim your discount use CODE: Schoolaff2017 or follow this link to activate your school affiliate discount. *Please note you must provide affiliate school name.
- Staff members, volunteers and Sponsors will receive their own discount code.
Presenter Expression of Interest (EOI) cut off date
Purchase your Early Bird Tics by
Conference Begins on this date