Increasing our support of outdoor education
Outdoors Victoria needs an Outdoor Education Officer, and we’re looking forward to welcoming them into our ranks soon.
The Outdoor Education Officer will help us deliver world-class resources and professional development events to outdoor education teachers across Victoria.
The right person will be excited to take on tasks like:
- Organising an online resource library for teachers
- Developing and delivering a series of professional development events, alongside Outdoors Victoria’s voluntary education committee.
- Coordinating Outdoors Victoria’s annual outdoor education conference, which caters to around 350+
- Working with experts to develop advice on outdoor educational activities safety and risk management issues &
- Developing partnerships with associations, universities, businesses and government agencies
Who are we looking for?
Ideally you might have:
- a background in outdoor education or a related teaching field
- an entrepreneurial spirit
- an interest in the quality and profile and outdoor educational programs and experiences across our state
- excellent writing skills
- Applications from regional Victoria as well as Melbourne are most welcome.
How to apply:job listing position description
Applications close: 18 July, 2016
- Send applications to Chuck Berger, CEO, Outdoors Victoria, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject line: Outdoor Education Officer application.
- Your application should include a cover letter addressing the key skills & attributes listed out in the position description attached below, as well as
- Your CV including 2 or 3 referees.
- Feel free to call 0417 447599 with any questions about the position.