The Scots College, NSW, is seeking a Coordinator of Outdoor Education
THE SCOTS COLLEGE
Coordinator of Outdoor Education
Kangaroo Valley Campus, Glengarry
Embrace the outdoor lifestyle in a market leading Educational Environment
Located in the pristine Kangaroo Valley, two hours south west of Sydney, Glengarry provides a unique learning environment in which boys discover the tools they need to grow into fine young men. Glengarry’s two-term residential program accelerates boys’ social development and is renowned as a rite of passage into manhood.
The Scots College is seeking to employ an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Outdoor Education professional, who is passionate about the outdoors, to lead a unique Outdoor Education program, which achieves significant personal growth, during a pivotal six-month period for adolescent boys.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a passion for working with young people, a great attitude, highly developed communication skills and the ability to effectively lead a team. The Coordinator of Outdoor Education will creatively develop and lead an engaging, sequential, challenging and intentional Experiential Learning Program for Year 9 boys. They will also provide mentoring, friendship and foster a sense of community through involvement in weekly residential and other community activities.
What is Available:
There is 1 full-time, fixed term (3 years) position available with a commencement date of 15 October 2018. The available positions are: * 1 Coordinator of Outdoor Education (Full-time)
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Must have a Cert IV, Diploma or Degree Qualification in Outdoor Recreationwith recognised competencies in at least 2 of the following areas; bush walking, camp craft, navigation, mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing, abseiling or caving
- A passion for working with young men in natural Australian environments
- Familiarity with Outdoor Education / Experiential Learning philosophy
- Demonstrated commitment to organisational best practice and to being a member of a team
- Compassion for adolescents and an awareness of duty of care responsibilities in a boarding context.
The Right Person:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experiential educator who is looking to be part of an innovative and exciting education facility that is looking to make the most of the educational and transformative opportunities that an extended stay program provides. We are looking for someone with:
- Experience coordinating outdoor education programs.
- Experience in Education
- Great relationship building and communication skills.
You must also be able to develop a deep understanding and appreciation of the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School. All applicants for child related employment must consent to the Working with Children Check.
How to Apply:
For more information on the position, please contact Jeffrey Mann directly on 0401 168 047
To apply today, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to the College Recruitment Team (email@example.com) before the closing date below.
The closing date for all applications is Monday, 24th September 2018.