Education Outdoors Conference 2018
Your Future in the Outdoors
Friday May 25th – Saturday May 26th, 2018
Pre-conference events running on Thursday, May 24th
Victoria University, Footscray Park Campus, Melbourne
Tickets and registration INFORMATION
Early Bird Tickets available until Thursday 19 April
THERE WILL BE NO TICKETS AVAILABLE AFTER FRIDAY 18th MAY. PLEASE PURCHASE BEFORE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
* please note you must provide your school name and student card number.
- Full package: includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on both Friday & Saturday plus cocktail style dinner party on Friday night with one complimentary drink.
- 2 days: includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- 1 day (Friday) including dinner party: includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea plus cocktail style dinner party on Friday night with one complimentary drink.
- 1 day (Friday or Saturday): includes a choice of all sessions, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Dinner party ticket: cocktail style dinner party on Friday night with one complimentary drink.
*NB: Serious Fun Workshop OR Bush Adventure Therapy Workshop. You cannot select both as they are at the same time.
- Pre-conference Serious Fun (1): Professional development workshop for 1 person. These tickets do not include catering.
- Pre-conference Serious Fun (2): Professional development workshop for 3 people (Discounted price for 3). These tickets do not include catering.
- Bush Adventure Therapy 101 Workshop (1): These tickets do not include catering.
- Bush Adventure Therapy 101 Workshop AABAT members or students (2): These tickets do not include catering.
The following attendees are eligible for discounted tickets. Use the appropriate code when registering.
Just before payment, there will be a field to enter the code titled ‘VIP CODE’
Discount applies to all tickets excluding dinner only ticket and pre-conference workshops.
- Full-time Students: Discount Code: S2018
45% off Early Bird tickets
50% off Normal Rate tickets
15% Just In Time tickets
- Presenters 15% off – Discount Code: Pres2018
- All OV Affiliate Members 15% off – Discount Code: AFF2018
- OV Affiliate Plus Members 15% off – Discount Code: AFF+2018
- Staff members, Volunteers and Sponsors will receive their own discount code
- OV Key Supporters are eligible for free Gold Exhibitors ticket worth $2500. Discount Code: KEY2018
If you need accomodation the ‘Discovery Park’ in Braybrook is close to Victoria University. They have a great mix of accommodation types from cabins with en suite, also there are a few camping spots. They are offering everyone 15% discount off all accommodation but book soon as they are always busy. Call: 1800 061 444 or (03) 9318 6866
6/4/2018***The Quest serviced apartments are now full. We are looking at finding other accommodation options in the area who might offer discounts.
*Don’t forget to say you are attending the Education Outdoors Conference!
In 2018 our Education Outdoors Conference we’ll be focussing on future career pathways for everyone in the outdoors sector.
At a time when care for the environment is once again coming to the fore within the social consciousness, the need to reconnect with nature and natural spaces is becoming holistically important.
Whilst acknowledging the many benefits of technology, the impact of society’s increased engagement with it has resulted in our disengagement from the natural world, causing negative effects on our general mental and physical wellbeing.
People with the skills to connect others back to nature, in all sorts of meaningful ways, are increasingly becoming leaders and teachers of great value.
The Education Outdoors Conference 2018: ‘Your future in the Outdoors’ Conference will be focussing on future careers and pathways such as career and workforce development; health and active living in the outdoors; skills and practical development; teaching & learning; Human-Nature; Adventure Safety & Risk, Early years & bush Kinders; Inclusion; Outdoor career and career development and sport science and the outdoors.The program will explore and inspire discussion about sustainable professional careers for our community and the positive impacts we can have across society.
Adjunct Professor Peter Martin
Opening the conference on Friday will be Adjunct Professor Peter Martin who is probably well known to most of you due to his incredible contribution to the Outdoor Education community and his long-standing position on OV’s board (now retired). Peter will actually be in Europe at the time of the conference, but is planning a very special keynote delivery which will be a real treat.
Dr Susan Alberti AC
The second half of the conference will be kicked off by The Footy Lady herself, Susan Alberti AC, 2017 Melbournian of the Year, philanthropist, former vice president of the Western Bulldogs and a woman with a big inspirational story to tell. Susan is an outstanding community leader who has faced adversity head-on time and time again, by focusing on what she does best.
Presenter Expression of Interest (EOI) due: March 14, 2018
Purchase your Early Bird Tics by April 19, 2018
Conference Begins on May 25th, 2018