The opportunity exists to join The Outdoor Education Group (OEG) as General Manager Outdoor Education – Victoria. The successful candidate will lead our Victorian Outdoor Education team to provide exemplary outdoor education to more than 12,000 students a year. As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will provide inspirational leadership to the Victorian delivery and operations team, as well as the broader organisation.
The Outdoor Education Group is a for-purpose organisation, seeking to make learning outdoors accessible to all young Australians. We help young Australians realise their personal best by creating experiences in the outdoors to grow their sense of self and the core skills will help them navigate their future.
This role requires you to build a planning and delivery team balancing excellence in all aspects of on the ground program delivery while responding to client demands and expectations to deliver sustainable business outcomes. Your primary attention will be focussed on ensuring our Victorian operations achieve the expected business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to provide inspirational leadership to a team across multiple functions to build a cohesive business unit
- Strong business acumen leading to achieving sustainable organisational outcomes
- Highly effective communication skills, both interpersonal and written, with the ability to provide a high level of customer service internally and externally
- A collaborative working style, ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate a proactive approach to engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility and responsiveness and the initiative attitude and ability to thrive within a dynamic, challenging and changing environment.
- Attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to develop processes and systems to achieve both operational and strategic goals
- Demonstrated extensive (8 – 10yrs +) experience in developing and delivering exceptional Outdoor Education programs in a journey-based context
- Tertiary qualification in Outdoor Education, Education, or other relevant discipline
Applications are to include:
• Cover letter addressing job criteria
• Video responses to the following questions:
- Please describe what drives your passion for Outdoor Education?
- What will you bring to OEG to support a sound balance between exceptional delivery and business sustainability?
- Describe your leadership style and capacity to build a functional team
Closing Date: Friday 26th February 2021
This role is open to national and international candidates.
The Outdoor Education Group is a proud Child Safe Organisation. You will be required to complete a national police check prior to commencement and maintain a Current Working with Children Check while employed by the Outdoor Education Group. Please include copies in your application or note your willingness and ability to obtain these checks to meet our requirements.
The Outdoor Education Group strongly welcomes applications from our diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All employment decisions are based on merit and we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.