Victorian camp providers have received the great news that The DET have given the go-ahead for schools to return to their Camps programs from June 22. So both terms 3 and 4 are back on the table!
School camps can reopen from 11:59pm on 21 June, aligned with the opening of holiday accommodation communal facilities including shared kitchens and bathrooms.
Accommodation providers, including privately operated school camps, outdoor education schools, and camps operated by individual schools and the Department of Education and Training can accept school group bookings consistent with typical class/year level sizes. They are not bound by public gathering limits. Health and safety precautions will be required.
Health and safety precautions
Further advice and health and safety precautions for camp operators and schools will be provided in an update to the Return to School Operations Guide later this week.
The precautions will include advice about:
hygiene practices and cleaning of facilities
physical distancing among adults
camp operators undertaking risk assessments and planning
the involvement of parent volunteers.
We strongly suggest you do not wait for the arrival of this guidance to get most of your preparation done. The DET are working hard to get it out, however the information already publicly available, will be heavily drawn upon. When the DET guidelines are circulated we are certain you will be mostly, if not completely ready.
Your top priority would be to get on the phones to your schools and make sure they are up to date with the latest news.
Quick Links for Business ready resources
- OCA COVID–19 Management Plan
- OCA Framework For Rebooting Outdoor Activities in a COVID-19 Environment
- ACA’s Guidance document for Camps
- Tourism Industry Guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidelines and resources to assist tourism businesses to reopen.
- Printable Signage
- Department Health & Human Services website or call their hotline on 1800 675 398.
- Conditions in parks can change quickly. Please always check Parks Victoria’s website and the change of conditions and closures page before visiting parks.
- Department of Education And Training (DET) advice for schools
- Safe Work Australia: Information on COVID-19 and work health and safety
- WorkSafe Victoria: Information on COVID-19 and work health and safety
- If you’re a member of VTIC or thinking of joining, you can access this COIVD-Clean module that is now part of this accreditation program. Any queries please contact Grace Maynard, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reopening of the Tourism Businesses FAQS