This latest information came directly via the Department of Education today
**An additional update for regional schools late Thursday June 3 : Excursions and incursions are not permitted at this time.
- Regional schools – students can participate in a school camp if the camping venue is limited to use by a single school only and located in regional Victoria.
- Metropolitan schools – school camps cannot take place during this period.Based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, schools in regional Victoria will return to face-to-face learning for all students from and including Friday 4 June.
- Based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, all schools in metropolitan Melbourne will continue with remote and flexible learning, at this stage until Thursday 10 June. Schools in regional Victoria will return to face-to-face learning for all students from and including Friday 4 June.
- This includes students who reside in regional Victoria but are enrolled in a school in metropolitan Melbourne, with the exception of vulnerable children and the children of authorised workers.
There is one important change to the current settings:
- Students enrolled in schools in metropolitan Melbourne in Years 11 and 12 and any other students enrolled in Unit 3/4 VCE studies or the final year of a VCAL qualification or International Baccalaureate (IB) qualification will return to face-to-face learning from and including Friday 4 June.