Nature Stewards Program
Become a Nature Stewards and learn about your local environment, meet like-minded people, and find ways to get outdoors and volunteer!
Nature Stewards is a 10-week program that will introduce you to your local and wider Victorian ecosystems and natural places, including:
- Rocks and soils
- Fungi, plants and animals
- Climate and seasons
- Ways to care for Country
- Being a citizen scientist, conservation volunteer, advocate for nature, or a nature guide
- How and where you can get outdoors and volunteer in your area
SPRING 2019 LOCATIONS
This program is open to anyone over the age of 18, however preference is currently given to residents of the City of Manningham, Melton & Melbourne (Other locations in the near future, subject to funding).
20 places available, via application, for each program location.
Applications for upcoming programs coming soon
To be advised
Questions about the program
- 10 x Weekly classes (2.5 hours)
- 3 x Field sessions (4 hrs)
- Certificate of completion (with at least 80% attendance)
- Over the age of 18
- No-prior knowledge or training required
- Willing to try, or continue, environmental volunteering
- Able to take part in Saturday field trips (3 during course, 4 hours in length)
To be advised
Nature Stewards is proudly funded by the Department of Environment, Land, Water, and Planning (DELWP), together with the City of Manningham, City of Melbourne and City of Melton.
Key Supporters: Parks Victoria, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria & Victorian National Parks Association