Seniors Card discounts and activities directory
Following are a few links we thought might get you started quickly:
- A list of the Bushwalking Clubs in the State
- Bushwalking Events
- Bushwalking maps
- More walking maps
- Short Walks
- To get inspired you can subscribe to Bushwalking Victoria’s newsletter
- Victoria Walks is another non-profit Organisation who do a wonderful job encouraging everybody to get out and walk. They list many urban walks as well as walks in Nature. They might be a great place to start.
- Walking map Apps for your Smartphones.
- The Heart Foundation Walking programs in Victoria
Add nature to your next walk and enjoy better health, wellbeing and a sense of connection.
Most clubs host regular walks which cater for all ages.
There are also many opportunities to volunteer, it does’t matter what your skill set is.
Everyone has something to offer!
Of course you don’t need a club to get out and walk. Walking can be a form of meditation if you like to do it on your own or call a friend and as they say over at Victoria Walks “Take a daily Walk for a lifetime of Better health”
Did you know?
- There are 61 bushwalking clubs around the state.
- There are 69 short walks posted on Bushwalking Victoria to help get you started.
- To reduce the chance of getting lost in the bush you should : Always carry a map and compass. Have an experienced navigator in your party and take every opportunity to improve your own navigation skills. Pay attention to geographical features and general terrain and regularly identify your position on your map. Bushwalking Victoria
- The Heart foundation runs a Walk Program. Follow this link to see if there is a group near you.